What is enlightenment? How can I become enlightened?
Enlightenment is a term used in most religions. Sometimes it is also associated with ascencion: "A person who becomes more and more enlightened, is also ascending." While in the religious communities you can often find quite strict practices to achieve enlightenment, it is not necessary to join any religious groups to allow this process to take place.
Enlightenment happens when a human starts to look at his life, releasing believe systems, structures and ties that hold them captive to a certain race, society or even family. Once a human starts to release these, lets go of attachments, a "lightening" is taking place.
Enlightenment is happening though insight and deep integrated knowing, it is not something that you can get, become, attain or achieve. It is a rather organic process of allowing the opening to happen and stepping into the yet unknown. Awareness and consciousness are key factors in this.
An enlightened person is often seen as somebody who is an "Eye of the Storm". When everything around them is in movement, stress or even out of control, they remain calm, clear and focussed and so are often capable of finding simple but most efficient solutions for a problem.
We often associate enlightment with Buddha and all the statues of Buddha shows a human who is comfortably resting within himself with a deep trust, knowingness and joy for life.
What are the symptoms of enlightenment?
The symptoms are really manifold and while some humans only experience a few of the one listed here, there are quite a few who experience them all.
- Body aches and pains. They come and go. This is the result of intense changes at your DNA level as the “Christ seed” awakens within.
- Feeling of deep inner sadness for no apparent reason. You are releasing your past (this lifetime and others) and this causes the feeling of sadness.
- Crying for no apparent reason. It’s good and healthy to let the tears flow. It helps to release the old energy within.
- Sudden change in job or career. A very common symptom. As you change, things around you will change as well.
- Withdrawal from family relationships. You are connected to your biological family via old karma. When you get off the karmic cycle, the bonds of the old relationships are released. It will appear as though you are drifting away from your family and friends.
- Unusual sleep patterns. There’s a lot of work going on within you. Do not worry. If you can’t go back to sleep, get up and do something rather than lay in bed and worry about humanly things.
- Intense dreams. These might include war and battle dreams, chase dreams or monster dreams. You are literally releasing the old energy within, and these energies of the past are often symbolized as wars, running to escape and boogiemen.
- Physical disorientation. At times you’ll feel very ungrounded. You’ll be “spatially challenged” with the feeling like you can’t put two feet on the ground, or that you’re walking between two worlds. As your consciousness transitions into the new energy, you body sometimes lags behind.
- You’ll find yourself talking to your Self more often. You’ll suddenly realize you’ve been chattering away with yourself for the past 30 minutes. There is a new level of communication taking place within your being, and you’re experiencing the tip of the iceberg with the self talk.
- Feelings of loneliness, even when in the company of others. You may feel alone and removed from others. You may feel the desire to “flee” groups and crowds because at times you are walking a sacred and lonely path. As much as the feelings of loneliness cause you anxiety, it is difficult to relate to others at this time. The void within will be filled with the love and energy of your own Christ consciousness.
- Loss of passion. You may feel totally disimpassioned, with little or no desire to do anything. That’s OK, and it’s just part of the process. Take this time to “do no-thing.” Don’t fight yourself on this, because this too shall pass. It’s similar to rebooting a computer. You need to shut down for a brief period of time in order to load the sophisticated new software.
- A deep longing to go Home. This is perhaps the most difficult and challenging of any of the conditions. You may experience a deep and overwhelming desire to leave the planet and return to Home. This is not a “suicidal” feeling. It is not based in anger or frustration. You don’t want to make a big deal of it or cause drama for yourself or other. There is a quiet part of you that wants to go Home. The root cause for this is quite simple. You have completed your karmic cycles. You have completed your contract for this lifetime. You are ready to begin a new lifetime while still in this physical body. During this transition process, you have an inner remembrance of what it is like to be on the other side.
How do I become enlightened?
The most effective way to become enlightened is the way of self love. Not self love in a narcisstic way. Self love that really accepts all of you to be known, seen, heard and allowed - the beautiful, the good, the ugly - all parts of you whether physical, emotional or mental.
This is the way that also allows you, once you have entered the path of self love, to start understand the world around you and you will find a graciousness in your heart that has not been experienced before.
During this process of enlightenment it is important for you to spend time by yourself. Nature will help you in her beautiful way to ease some of the symptoms you are experiencing.
Surround yourself with like minded people, some of your old friend and family might not quite understand what you are going through right now. It is wonderful to find some support in your environment.
You will want to start make your very own decision, uninfluenced by others, this takes time and reflection by yourself.